Here are some answers to questions being asked....
When do teams get their times?
One week prior to the Samson the times will be sent all Team Captains along with the waiver.
Is the Samson Covid Safe?
The safety and wellbeing of our staff, volunteers and participants is our priority.
For the Samson Event we have asked all staff, volunteers and participants the following:
- Do not attend if you have travelled overseas within the last 14 days of the event
- Do not attend if you have been in a postcode that has been declared a hotspot within the last 14 days of the Samson
- Do not attend if you have had or you are aware of close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 or has been instructed to self-isolate.
- Do not attend of you are feeling unwell or have flu like symptoms.
Please note as part of the registration all participants will be informed of these requirements and all volunteers will be informed prior to volunteering on the day.
We have made adjustments to the Samson to be in line with current restrictions.
We appreciate everyone being so supportive during this time as we do know how hard it has been this year.
Thank you for all your support.
What do I wear at the Samson?
As a Competitor:
- Wear Clothing that is appropriate to compete in, activewear is the best for all
- Be aware that there is one Leg that requires all competitors to swim. For the Swim Leg all competitors usually swim in either active wear or wear swimmers under active wear whilst competing and remove active wear for the swim leg.
- No flippers can be used for the Swim Leg
- Swimming aids are only allowed if approved prior to the event by Team Samson
- Goggles and Swimming Hats are allowed. Either carry these with you to the Pool or your support team can take these to the pool for you.
- Covered footwear which is suitable for running and being active is required.
- The Samson is an outdoor event so please remember to apply sunscreen
As a volunteer:
- Comfortable sun-protecting clothing, shorts and/or active wear is preferable
- A Hat
- A bottle of water
- A smile and cheers for our competitors
- Safe covered shoes
- Sunglasses where possible
What time does my team need to be at registration?
Each team needs to be on the oval signed in at registration 45 min prior to their starting time
All team members must sign in together
All team members must have their completed, signed waiver with them to sign in Samson_Competitors_Waiver.pdf
What happens if it rains leading up to the event?
The following are the procedures Team Samson uses to determine whether to proceed or postpone the Samson in the event of bad weather:
- Thursday at 12 pm prior to the event, a determination by Team Samson and Lismore City Council will be made on the event proceeding.
- Friday at 10 am prior to the event, a determination by Team Samson and Lismore City Council will be made on the event proceeding.
In case of a postponement all Marshals and Team Captains will be notified by phone and email and it will be announced on Facebook.
I am visiting Lismore where can I stay?
Accommodation in Lismore is as diverse as the region itself, with an enormous variety of accommodations to suit all tastes and budgets.
Visit Lismore Accommodation for an accommodation search.
How can I help out with this great event?
We are also looking for Volunteers to help us Marshal the event.
No matter what your skills or enjoyments in life are, we have a great day in store for you ...
Our vollies are asked to join us on the oval at 6 am and the day should wrap up around 3:30 pm. As a volunteer you will receive great benefits ... a goodie lunch bag and you'll even get to wear a gorgeous high-vis vest ...
GO ON, DON'T BE SHY!
If you come on board, you are guaranteed to see a fantastic event unfold...not to mention the good eyecandy...!
How do I stay up to date with what happening?
To stay up to date with what is happening 'like' the Samson's Facebook page.
The Samson is a great event however, the following is a list to help you be prepared for the day: