THE EXPLANATION OF THE SWIM LEG
NB All Competitors will be showered off in the shower provided outside AS A TEAM for 30 SECONDS before entering the Pool....this is part of Health Regulations, no showering...no getting in the pool. Our awesome Lismore Lions will monitor this; any team not playing by the rules or are rude to our volunteers will incur a 1 minute time penalty.
(Huge thanks to Laser Plumbing for the Shower - awesome addition!)
- All swimmers must be in the pool BEFORE your team can start. THIS MUST BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO
- The swim is performed in a relay fashion with TWO team members swimming together in pairs.
- All team members are at one end of the pool. All members must stay in their lane and in the water during this leg until all members have completed their legs.
- The 1st pair swims 25m, one behind each other and turns back and swims 25m (totalling 50m), when the second swimmer of the pair touches the wall, only then can the next team pair start their lap, in relay fashion.
- Every pair swims 5 times.
- Please swim on one side of the black line, this way if need be a second team can share the lane
- Please note the pool is 25m therefore 50m, is up and back.
- Any stroke is allowed, no flippers can be used😊
- Swimming aids are only allowed if approved prior to the event by Team Samson